Effective Altruism is a philosophy and international social movement that applies evidence and reason to determine the most effective ways to improve the world. Effective altruists aim to consider all causes and actions, and then act in the way that brings about the greatest positive impact. It is this broad evidence-based approach that distinguishes effective altruism from traditional altruism or charity. While a substantial proportion of effective altruists have focused on the nonprofit sector, the philosophy of effective altruism applies much more broadly, e.g., to prioritizing the scientific projects, companies, and policy initiatives which can be estimated to save and improve the most lives.
Read more about the Effective Altruism movement here.
Effective Altruism Belgium is a Belgian non-profit organization and the umbrella organization of all Belgian effective altruism local groups.
Some of the activities of our groups include:
• giving lectures and workshops on effective altruism and related topics,
• giving advice on effective charities, volunteer work high-impact ethical careers, campaigns and policies
• organizing events and conferences on effective altruism,
• examining important measures to improve the world,
• raising funds for national and international effective altruistic organizations.
Would you like to support our operations?
Make a donation to account number BE06 9731 6273 5722 of Effective Altruism Belgium.
We are excited to be a part of this movement and hope you’ll join us.